Friday, October 2, 2009

SHOTS FIRED!


Uh-oh! I guess not everybody is a fan of what Drake has been doing. J. Holiday just put out a track called "Brand New," dissing Drake, and is addressing the fact that he feels Drake and other autotune-using rappers-turnt-sanga are invading his territory and other singers'. He also states that he feels there are some singers (maybe himself?) that have not gotten the recognition that they deserve, while Drake is thriving in the industry. The song is short but to-the-point. I LIKE IT! Now, mind you, I am a fan of Drake, but I am also a fan of competition. Holiday didn't cross the line, whatsoever...he simply challenged Drake to make music without using his "weak" vocals as a crutch. That is the definition of a true artist...rising to the occassion. YOUR MOVE, DRIZZY!


Sidenote: Where is J. Holiday's music, though? He's been comin' up kind of short since his first album. I'm just sayin'...
-H. Slim


Jo: Okay. If I could give you some advice, J... THE BRAIDS GOTTA GO! You could have taken the hint from Trey, R. Kelly, Bow Wow, Omarion, Lloyd, Luda--do I really have to go on? The only people wearing braids are under 13...and are nowhere to be found in the entertainment industry. Your songs aren't really that bad, honestly; it's just your lack of sex appeal. Sad but true. I think you're wearing a Members Only jacket with a Forever 21 hat. Im thinking more "I Love New York" than sultry R&B artist. Get with the program, son.


No comments:

Post a Comment